WestJet

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• I would say that this is a company with alot of growing pains. They have recently changed the executives at the helm and it has created a few hiccups along the way. One of the things that is amazing really is the culture. Call it cult like if you will, but there's a freedom to show your pride in many facets of the organization. Sadly, the area I work in, the call centre has really lost that. It is the one area that has lost it's mojo. A year ago, there were so many theme days - it was hard to keep count. We would do hawiian days, chocolate days, chilicook offs. WestJetters volunteered to set these days up and decorate. Imagine walking into work and having flipflops and shovels all hanging from the ceiling to celebrate summer =). It used to be very special, enviable and fun. Now it is just starting to look and feel like any other call centre. People who have seen the decline agree it's like any other call centre now: Telus, Shaw. Clinically corporate. It's a very sad loss, and I would dearly love if they would stop shutting down the feedback and LISTEN to the change that is being requested. The effect on the morale has been huge. Now it's just a place to work.

Posted on 10 June 2008 by Rater #35 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I do think the decline in 'special days' and the slow decline in other events is part of the company growing. Its not hard to do that in a company of a few hundred, but keeping it up in company of 7000 is a major deal. Its inevitable that this company will not feel the same way as it matures.

Posted on 16 July 2009

Give this person a soother! There are not only 200 employees anymore. Growth comes and with it comes change. Get off the bus if you don't like it, there are plenty others who would love what is offered. Do you know what you sound like? Wah wah... I have to go to work and work... wah wah... I didn't get a hawaiin day... wah wah... where is my chocolate... oh yah, this paycheck pays for my mortgage... my kids dental etc... I wish you people would understand how good we have it... I get to come to work in an environment where people care, there is food sometimes, there is profit share, there is kick butt flight benefits... I for one am not rocking the boat, I LIKE where I work and appreciate what they give me. What other company can you go to, that would allow chocolate days or hawaiin days?? This is not grade three, this is life... Stop making a mockery of who we are as a business! and are you really trying to sell that nothing happens? Because that is not true and you are aware of that, I know you are.

Posted on 15 June 2008

...then they listen to the employees again and the shares that comprise 25% of their income keep going down down down. ws is a business, get used to it.

Posted on 13 June 2008