Trane Inc. Southampton (Tracer Summit)

Industry: Other Industrial Goods & Services

• I have been working for Tracer for about 4 years now. As an apprentice, I think you have to show some initiative. I was a journeyman when I started. The apprentices I worked with were pretty smart and we tried to get them to work on different parts of the system whenever possible. There are some mindless jobs out there that have to be done but that is true for all aspects of the industry. Compared to the monkey work of installing tray and pulling teck cable in Fort Mac, it is not so bad. The way the company is run as a whole is a little odd. Tracer is just the automation side which is technically separate from the main office. They relied in the past on the sales department for work. That is changing now. The main branch has held Tracer back from expanding to much and obtaining their own work to an extent. They are going to be going corporate instead of being a franchise in less than 5 years. Things are already changing. Interoffice communication between the different "divisions" of Trane don't really communicate that well on some aspects but not as bad as some would like you to believe. All and all, if you like the more technical side of electrical and enjoy doing hvac, automation, plc and vfd work than this company is pretty good.

Posted on 14 February 2011 by Rater #9 | Flag as inappropriate