• Worst company I have ever worked for. HQ is an unmitigated disaster. Tony Fisher (President) was fired but we was truly the scapegoat for Target's incompetence. Clearly Target lacks perspective on the Canadian market. They fire one American and replace him with another American at the top. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Employees received low merit increases and a week later a bunch of managers and above were (wrongfully) promoted, clear where the merit increase went.

Just like the stores - Target promises you the world and fails to deliver. Benefits suck - when I asked about benefits before signing my offer they were purposely vague on the benefits because they knew how BAD they were. They don't compare to the rest of the Canadian job market. Cafeteria and Bullseye shop are both overpriced, again, just like the stores.

HR and mgmt tell you there's tons of career development and opportunity for growth but the truth is there is a lack of career progression. When you speak up, nothing gets done. It only makes things worse.

The office building is nice however it is open concept which results in a lot of noise. If you want quiet - go work elsewhere.

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs...do not even consider if you are unemployed because you will regret it.

Posted on 21 May 2014 by Rater #22 | Flag as inappropriate