• No fulltime employment they tell you fulltime and make you part time after three months work for another large retailer and joined Target part time overnight with the intention of doing full time. This is company that works their employees like slaves. The supervisors are like slave masters and continually harass the employees. The employees are warned not to even use the washrooms during work and at one point the washrooms were even locked except during breaks. Target has mostly hired new immigrants who have no choice but to put up with these conditions.
    We heard that many who joined from other retailers were fired after a short while since they were considered too slow. The benefits are not as good as other retailers and there are no bonuses or profit sharing.
    Target does not also give employment to seniors or persons with disabilities. Please do your research if you already have a job and plan to quit your job and join Target.

Posted on 15 April 2013 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I applied two to diff targets, one was willing to hire me but it was too far. So when I applied to the rymal/ upper james location, I got declined. I have over 2 years of retail experience and I work really hard and I know what I'm worth. Glad they didn't hire me

Posted on 12 September 2013

The problem is probably their stupid Personality tests , that many more retail companies love to use. Those tests are so full of sh1t, there is now way they can judge your skills, intelligence, adaptability to work and so on...

Posted on 7 June 2013

To the person who commented on May 10, consider yourself lucky that you did not get the job. I am sure you would have regretted it. From someone who knows.

Posted on 10 May 2013

I signed up for automatic job ad emails form Indeed, Simply Hired, Eluta, and some other job search sites and they flooded my email with multiple, various types of jobs from Target. I went to a Target job fair and they turned me down because I also wanted to keep my current PT work as an insurance. I suspect Target will lay off 50% of the new hires after the grand openings have passed, like all the other retailers do. They probably turned down many other skilled applicants at the job fairs and now don't have full staff. Do you think this is funny? This is how they are and they are not yet even full established or opened.

Posted on 10 May 2013

They don't treat their employees very well. They are just a number. It won't be long before you see a lot more disgruntled posts on here.

Posted on 8 May 2013

Well, that was certainly fast of Target. Most other retailers like Walmart, Home Depot, Rona, Safeway, Sobey's/Thrifty Foods, Staples, Loblaws Group, Pattison/Save On Foods, London Drugs, Hudson's Bay Company Group, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc, don't start laying of new staff hires until they are fully open in all stores, after 3 months to 1 year of full operation.

Posted on 8 May 2013

I just got hired by Target Canada and they told me that they really cannot guarantee FT hrs.

Posted on 5 May 2013

If this is true, a group needs to get the labour board involved. I assume this has happened in Ontario.

Posted on 16 April 2013