Symcor

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• company has massive potential but needs to develop a plan or strategy to know what it wants to be. Presently little or no direction from CEO or CFO - very stagnant Senior Leadership. One bright spot - the Technology group is strong under new leadership and CIO is trying to make a difference. Enabling services group [HR, Finance] are abysmal and definite impediment to growth. Many company leaders are nearing retirement so company is frozen because all critical or risky decisions being deferred. Best areas to work in are Print Division or Corporate Applications - both areas seem to be implementing many interesting projects and are engaged and interested in moving forward.

Posted on 30 October 2009 by Rater #45 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

".... one of the best in Canada..." - that made me cringe. Say a prayer for Canada.

Rater10: did you attend "that" TownHall....... you know the one?

Posted on 11 August 2010

Regarding Comment 1 - The CIO was brilliant ? Really ? Which company have you been working for. His plan was to go cheap by bringing offshore resources onshore which costs us twice as much. Now we are finally doing it right and reversing his direction. The company will be better for it. Sunlife ....watch out, cuts are a coming your way !

Posted on 11 August 2010

Current employee? Not very likely.

Posted on 13 July 2010

The CIO was brilliant. One of the best in Canada...that's why he has just left. Now Symcor is in real trouble. The new CIO is an ex IBM'er and the CFO and CEO are pathetic. - Current Employee

Posted on 2 June 2010