Canadian Forces

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Gouvernement et Administration publique

• I am currently a first year recruit so I am going to comment on my initial engagement with this organization. I came to the Canadian forces to be involved in a technical trade. My first impression that the recruiting center was helpful, professional and quite courteous. What I realized is that yes all those characteristics was quite so however they seem to lack the organization and timeliness they would expect from their recruits. When I accepted the job offer, I was prompted for paperwork and a congratulations ceremony which I really enjoyed. I left for basic in the winter and it was cold. Basic was quite rough being that it was quite physically and mentally challenging. They are rough on you because they want to stress you, they are tough but fair and most of the time when you had issues, they would help you resolve those problems. Basic was cool but I'm glad I'm done with that. Afterwards I was enrolled into the schooling portion for a tech. Most of the issues I had were that the administration was a nightmare to deal with not belonging to a unit. Even up to today I struggle to get my paperwork done. In order to excel in the CF, I think it really comes to down to being strong mentally, listening to your mentors and pushing forward. It is a good environment to work in if you enjoy your field. Then again, I don't have much experience but I am still looking forward to the next experiences. All in all, the best piece of advice I can give to you if you are interested in this place is that make sure you plan accordingly financially with plan a and b and expect to be disappointed with the loads of paperwork. However, open your mind to the experiences and training they will give you. It is like no other job but the best thing I find is that no other employers will give you a chance to prove yourself and establish a good career like that of one in the Canadian forces. They pay, train and discipline you to become better.

Publié le 26 novembre 2013 par Évaluateur #107 | Signaler comme inapproprié