Canadian Forces

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• Being in the forces for over 15 years I have seen it all. From a good bunch of guys to the old boy mentality. Still I have seen where everyone would all ganged up on one person for absolutely no reason other then there bosses didn't like him. (...).
    All in all the job can be rewarding, if you have good supervisors that follow the rules in the forces, but the ratio is about 40% good, 20% don't give a f*** and 40% bad that doesn't care about no one but themselves and there buddies.
    The salary is good, but considering the risks and the stress its nothing spectacular. Team work is great, great compensation and benefits and it can be a very rewarding experience if your not in the bad part of the forces.

To anyone that wants to join, just beware that you put yourself at great risk when joining the forces and the risk can be abroad or here at home. Don't forget one thing, if you think that the forces care for yourself and you come back from deployment with PTSD thinking they will help you... yeah they will help you, get out of the forces in the quickness.

Posted on 11 July 2012 by Rater #89 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

This is propaganda laced. The military hires people full-time to post positive reviews...isn't it obvious?

If you graduated at the bottom of your high school class from a small town with no other hope/skills in life then this is the place for you.

They like them young and dumb. So you wont ask questions and follow orders. My dog follows orders.

Posted on 23 July 2012