Canadian Forces

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• Officer Cadet; I was bullied a lot by superiors and colleagues. Constantly berated out in public, my personal space constantly violated. Too much tattle taling; just found out a Road Roads grad in my squad, committed suicide. Lost a lot of self confidence in the Reserve Officer Cadet Training program and I tried so hard but nothing was good enough. After I was told to quit or end up released involuntarily I finished off my accounting designation and realized the importance of a post secondary education; there are other options out there such as student loans ; go into the trades or professions if you can.

Posted on 30 August 2013 by Rater #106 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Differenece between reserve and regulars is night and day. It would be like, recently retired single A player, commenting on a professional baseball career. Officer cadet reserve is even worse. Moreover, initial indoctrination and training phase is not indicative of what the military work, career and life is like. It is 2014 and I am certain (have seen) that practices have changed. There is and always will be moulding of an individual aspect to physically, psychologically handle the work, environment and commitment unable to be handled by civilian population. Royal military college of Canada is not just a university that hands you a degree in engineering or accounting. Same is true for any junior level training in the military as a whole.

Posted on 21 April 2014