Canadian Forces

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Gouvernement et Administration publique

• My experiences mirror the rater immidiately below. I would like to comment on the erratic leadership of some senior officers (I retired as a Captain after 20 years including four at RMC). In my opinion there is a fine line between leadership and abuse at times and it was crossed numerous times by a number of bosses over the years. Bear in mind that you often will be working for a high strung type A personality who imagines his excrement does not smell like that of his subordinates. And many of your peers will be trying to impress your mutual superiors, promotion is the be all to end all in this organization, and once you indicate you just want to work at a job and are more than content at your rank level you get shuffled off to the sidelines filling useless so called joe jobs in NDHQ, where I spent five and a half years doing next to nothing of any added for five of those. In the end I realized my superiors were anything but for the large part, and took a pensioned release at the first available opportunity at age 37. It was fun at times, and at others, downright boring and depressing. I did get to see the world, and engaged in activities not available to the civilian population, and I got an education.

Publié le 12 avril 2011 par Évaluateur #1 | Signaler comme inapproprié