Workplace Safety & Insurance Board

Size of company: Small (1 - 49 employees)

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• I have worked at the WSIB for over 15 years and this place is truly golden handcuffs.

The compensation and benefits are good BUT there is little to no career advancement and it is not based on merit and skill. Its who you know and build alliances with. its sad when management have less education and skills than the people that report to them.

Like many organizations this one only looks good on paper. They have all these wonderful policies but never but in place.

You are watched like a hock if you go to the bathroom you have to log it on your computer so they know where you are ALL the time.

You meet with your manager not to talk about difficult cases, training or career development BUT to review your stats on how many times you were away from you desk and listen to your calls rate them. If managers did a good job managing the bad apples in the first place they wouldnt have to waste precious money and time tracking this kind of nonsense. Also, they are completely 20 years backwards only recently upgraded their DOS like systems and there is NO work from home and this is actually frowned on. They want bums in seats and chained to your desk. In the end i have stayed hoping things would change as i love the people i serve (injured workers and their family) and feel i can help them. However, i cannot stay in co. where i am not valued and treated like a child when i have three university degrees and lots of talent. They are unable to attract and retain talent. I will miss my clients i serve but at least now i know what i do not want in a job...

lastly, if you are a nurse or other healthcare professional stay clear. You are not valued or respected.

Posted on 3 February 2018 by Rater #12 | Flag as inappropriate