Vancouver Coastal Health

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• Top-down bullying is rampant; no active accountability exists from management up, which means Respectful Workplace Policy has no teeth re top-down bullying. Some managers are great, others glaringly incompetent, with no one holding them accountable. Same goes for directors. A very toxic paranoid atmosphere, for good reason. Front-line workers here are some of the most dedicated I've found, in many years of work in mental health. Often taken advantage of by management, overworked, under-supported, their experience-based feedback ignored. In my experience, VCH's values and Vision is lip service only, propaganda. Powerful cliques, allowing for mini dictatorships and much nepotism, again due to no accountability. Pay was very good. I loved the job itself but intimidating atmosphere and incompetent management eventually affected my health to the point of causing me to seek work elsewhere.

Posted on 24 October 2012 by Rater #9 | Flag as inappropriate