The Travel Corporation Canada

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• Only good thing about the company is the people that work there-management is a joke and so is HR. Easier to hire people to do more for less than set in place a retention plan for current employees-such as fair incentives, higher pay and professional growth within the company. My personal opinion is to not waste your time at this company, their better opportunity out there.

Posted on 15 June 2011 by Rater #16 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I completely agree with his statement. This company sees employees as disposable. Instead of trying to retain employees with better raises (the raises you get are sporadic and so low it'll take years just to get a dollar an hour increase) adding benefits for dependents or offering pension or a company contribution RRSP plan they do the bare minimum with the mind set " if you don't like it then don't work here " knowing they can hire unsuspecting new employees to do your job for less. I've actually heard president state that if we aren't happy about aspects of our job ( ie.new late hours or pay) then we should consider another job. Instead of stating that we are valued employees and they'd want to work with us to keep us happy. Not to mention how much money is wasted on software that employees use as Facebook and social events. Money needs to go towards better pay / benefits that will actually help an employee live a better life or retire more comfortably.

Posted on 28 October 2014

Agreed. Managers need to be trained to be managers and stand up for employee's.Hr is a complete joke, Hr person has hired half of her friends from her previous work place and those same opportunities are not given to inside people who have been there many years. Get with it !

Posted on 5 October 2011

agree with rater. my 3 years at Travcorp has been a waste, with today proving to be more so. unless you are favored by management you will get nowhere and just earn an hourly wage of $12.50.

Posted on 24 September 2011