The Travel Corporation Canada

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• wish i came across this site 2 yrs ago. wages ($12 hr) have been frozen for over 2 yrs now but lots of new positions have been created. had all day training today. (...). the trainers are useless. i could do a better job than any of them but i am not favored. as other have written here favortism plays a big part in how you are treated. most here are looking to get out or just coast since management does not have a clue. if you want to work for just above min wage and can deal with stupidy and drama then travcorp is the place for you.

Posted on 28 October 2010 by Rater #11 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

There have been many surveys and from talking to alot of employees, we feel as though the trainers are NOT qualified. (...). If they opened up the position again, i can PROMISE that we would get better applicants who would be 10x better than our current trainers...I heard there were complaints about both trainers so i guess we should start with a clean slate. there was a survey done about training so i'm anxious to find out what ever came out of that, but knowing our company they won't reveil the information (...)...WOW, even upper management gossip constantly, there's no respect...no one to talk to, or confide into with any serious problems as they don't take you seriously...if i honestly didn't think i would get fired, i would make this known to people higher up than our upper management, but like i said i honestly don't trust them at all...but i can't afford to leave as there are no jobs hiring...i think most people might be stuck between a rock and a hard place...oh well

Posted on 29 December 2010

I am not sure why the training staff is subject to open season on this forum. It seems to me that all those who are subjecting the trainers to criticism are bitter because they didnt get the job. The training positions are relatively new. The sales trainer is a little over-zealous but isnt that what one would expect of a sales trainer? The trainer who has been doing the position the longest is qualified and right for the job. (...).

Posted on 2 November 2010