The National Benefit Authority

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• It is truly a privilege to work for the National Benefit Authority. My initial job assignment did not optimally suit my particular skill set and interests. But after a few short weeks, I was transitioned into the appeal specialist position. In this capacity, I review cases in which the Canada Revenue Agency has deemed our clients to be ineligible for the Disability Tax Credit. My role is to identify cases in which our clients are substantially impaired (meeting the criteria set forth by the CRA for the DTC), and yet their applications for the DTC have been wrongly denied. I then assess all the options for moving forward on these applications. This role is very well-suited to my legal aspirations and I am very grateful to the National Benefit Authority for moving me into this line of work. I have been able to establish meaningful relationships with our clients by educating them on the Disability Tax Credit and related tax exemptions for disabled Canadians. I advise and enable them to obtain tax credits that they are entitled to receive from the Canada Revenue Agency; the intrinsic rewards – as well as the blessings and ‘thank-yous’ – that I have gotten back from our clients on a regular basis make me excited about coming to work each day. In summary, the National Benefit Authority’s staff is replete with incredible people, the work that we do is very exciting, and most importantly—our work changes the lives of disabled Canadians for the better.

Posted on 17 March 2016 by Rater #20 | Flag as inappropriate