Telus Mobility

Industry: Telecommunications

• telus has hurt me in ways i cannot find the words to describe. i still get anxiety thinking about working there. it seriously feels like telus took a part of my soul.

Posted on 6 February 2019 by Rater #12 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

So what your saying is you did it for the money. The $21/hr which is unheard of in BC for call centres. I can reate as I worked in the Burnaby office and had my run in with two of the most incompetent TLs around. First one got promoted and than let go which falls in line with the Peter Principle (Yes,google it) I believe that they only setup up their favorite reps for success or promotion. Others are happy to just keep working there until they retire or get let go. This is not the type of job you want to brag about. Every call is captured and at the end of the day it only takes a few slips to get the ball rolling. My advice is get to know your union steward. Even have coffee with them and become their best friend and they will tell you the amount of grievances filed against some sups is unfathomable. I guess these TL are respected more by their peers the more their disliked by their teams. There is a tug of war going on between management and the union. Long tenuer reps trying to get disciplinary action removed for their file and Tls fighting to keep it on. This is a world all of its own. If you really want to experience working for a big corp this is the place for you. They sort of wear it like a badge of honor. Anyways karma is a funny thing. You go after someones livelihood and guess what you will experience the same thing down the road. Do save all your money and invest in company shares and do try to look for something better. Do get everyhting your sup tells you in writing (like email) Keep a detailed log with date and time of each event. Event being any warnings and so on. This job on a resume looks good. Do use all your company benefits and maximize your time and effort. Like most companies this company hires by referral only. Like 99% of my hiring class was either referred by a friend, family member or manager who worked on site. So applying online does not cut it. Want to impress them at the interview say something that will knock their socks off. Be honest of what you expect from your employer and the effort you can put in to the job.

Posted on 22 May 2019