Symcor

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• Symcor is experiencing high growth and is positioned to continue to succeed - it is a company that has potential. The brand equity to attract and retain candidates needs much work as most people are unaware of what we do. The company runs over 100 technology projects and offers career advancement to those individuals who seek it. It is definitely not the environment for everyone....most would say it is a sweatshop environment - long hours, overloaded workbenches, etc. If this is the environment that you strive in, then you will definitely be recognized for your contributions.

Posted on 24 June 2008 by Rater #41 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Crazy talk. Growth, no. The services are being taken back by the banks and the staff will lose their jobs.

Posted on 10 May 2013

The "growth" that ontario is getting nowadays is not coming from new contracts, it's coming from the other provinces that laid off the majority of their employees so Toronto would keep their jobs. Who thinks about all those people that got laid off from the western provinces? hundreds of people got laid off this year alone, shut up rater 4

Posted on 19 June 2011

Ahahahahaha Symcor is experiencing high growth. People know better! It's not because you get a 2 year contract that it'll make everything better!

Posted on 6 April 2011

Agree with Comment1. Retain candidates? I worked there 7 years and the new manager (after my old manager pass away) came, she got rid of me in 2 months. I don't think people are recognized for their hard work. It was growing from 2004-2007 but after Off shore and some bad upper management, it went downhill. I hope you were not one of the 400 people laid off in Oct 2008.

Posted on 28 December 2010

what a piece of cut and paste from some SVP or higher presentation

Posted on 7 October 2010