Symcor

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• Was hired Jan 2007 and let go (along with a room of 200+) Oct 2008. The company showed so much promise back then but it looked like it has gone downhill ever since so I was kinda glad I was released before it got worse. Was gullible to believe the company actually brought outsourcers to the office to learn what you were doing so they can bring it back to India and basically eliminate your position.

Everybody I know there have basically moved on. There is pretty much no future here if you wish to be involved in Technology as most or all of it has been outsourced. To those that are still there, my advice is to max out your benefits, use up all the perks/bonuses, and keep your resume updated for that inevitable "meeting in the other building". Take the compensation package and get back on your feet asap. This company has no heart and its no surprise that this page is one of the first results when you google them.

Posted on 19 February 2012 by Rater #151 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Outsourcing, and downsizing in IT. Many times over. Now there are barely enough people to do the work. It won't matter as there is not much work to be one in the years ahead with declining business and selling the US.

Posted on 20 August 2012