• I worked Swiss Chalet 30 years ago. Terrible place to work as high school student. The Kitchen manager asked me if I could miss some school to work during the day. Really dude I was 15 years old at the time. Swiss Chalet so cheap didnt want pay somebody a adult minimum wage at a roughly 6 dollars a hour back then. I guess adult minimum wage was too steap for then. They wanted employees under 18 so they pay student wages. Swiss Chalet was so cheap they schedule minimum kitchen staff if they were busy they call in part time employees to work. They call me at roughly 2 to 3 days a week begging me to come in. I refused a few times then the store manager would scream and yell at me on the phone. Then I did come in to work after they called me in I would work not even 3 hour shift after the dinner rush over. One time they called me in work I work only 90 minutes then ask me to go home. I mentioned that by labor laws I intilted to least 3 hours.The kitchen supervisor got little mad because I knew my rights. The Cambridge store was unionized but were useless still made minimum wage and pay union dues. I been assault by store manager because I burnt a rib on grill he choke me to a point could not breath I nearly had to stabb him to release me from choke hold. The supervisors always talking down to me. The supervisor would have chant with me because I was not home to answer the phone then the call me in work. They told you got to be home between 4 Pm 7 pm everyday in case we you come in work. Keep in mind this was pre cell phone era. I finally quit in August 1990. I walk in the kitchen no managers or supervisors on dutyt working so I told the cook tell them I quit. My last pay check was mail couple later. I just could not be there anymore.

Posted on 11 January 2019 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate