SportChek

• My experience at Sport Chek was short-lived due to management hiring too many people and then letting them go without notice.

For what it was worth, I enjoyed speaking to customers and advising them regarding their purchases. It feels amazing when you can make someone's day.

With the occasional exception, the people I worked with were amazing. They are incredibly knowledgeable, will definitely go far, and definitely deserve more than what they're getting at Sport Chek.

Now, for the negative:

Management is very incompetent. As I mentioned, they hire too many people and let you go without notice. The hours you get are very poor, I've been told to hold off on my break after working for more than five hours, and your time is not respected (every time you leave, you have to submit to a bag check, and you can expect to be waiting 20 minutes, which you are not being compensated for). Don't even get me started on the condescening behaviour by those who have, somehow, made it into management.

It could have been a much better experience if they just hired competent managers.

Oh, well... it is what it is.

Posted on 11 September 2019 by Rater #26 | Flag as inappropriate