SportChek

• Sportchek is the most deplorable place to work. Awful management, illegal breaks, and being treated like dirt is what you get from working with Sportchek. This was my first job as a teenager and started out well, my first time getting a paycheque. However, as time went on I began to realize how terrible of a workplace this company is. To start off, they refuse to give employees the government mandated 15 minute break for a five hour shift. Management is rude and gives shift based on favouritism. The "customer is always right" mentality is ripe at the Guelph location I work at, and management does not care one bit about the employees side of the story. There has been instances of me being unable to fulfil a customer's unfounded demands such as demanding for an item that we do not stock at the moment, only to have the manager come and place the blame on me for not satisfying the delusional customer's impossible demand. The head manager is only interested in the profit margin, cutting corners to achieve so. As a result, the store is often understaffed and work can get overwhelming. You are often ridiculed for your race and religious beliefs, violating Charter rights. Turnaround rate at this store is unbelievable. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has stayed a full year, likely due to the terrible management. However, co-workers at the store are mostly nice and kind people.
    Please; do yourself a favour, do not work at Sportchek. I hope this company goes bankrupt. #BoycottSportchek

Posted on 14 April 2018 by Rater #24 | Flag as inappropriate