SportChek

• Started out as such a great place to work but the longer you work there the more you grow to hate it. The store manager is a joke and would rather be your best friend than a manager. Everything runs on favouritism. You get hours based on how much the store manager likes you and not how hard you work. There is literally no punishment for screwing around and doing nothing and in some cases if you are close enough friends with the manager you may even get rewarded with a promotion. The hours suck, many people only get 1 shift a week at my store. People are constantly quitting and it seems like we're always hiring because people don't want to stay more than a few months.

I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. I only stay for the discount and it's convenient proximity to my other job. If you see a listing for this job do not apply. Your mental health will thank you.

It's such a toxic environment, there is so much bullying and backroom smack talk that I dread going in. If you report anything to the store manager she won't do anything about it. District managers are absolutely useless. They are also too concerned with being everyone's best friend that they won't take a stand or discipline anybody.

Not worth the stress, stay far far away from this company.

Posted on 18 October 2016 by Rater #22 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

So true, absolutely accurate

Posted on 14 February 2018