SportChek

Taille de l'entreprise : Moyenne (50 - 499 employés)

Industrie : Commerce de détail

• SportChek is an interesting company to work for to say the least. The wages are a huge issue. I have worked here for over 5 years and still get paid the same as someone hired yesterday. When you receive a wage increase (usually 30 cents or less) minium wage increases soon after and your raise is not placed on top of the new min. wage.

Another issue is management not giving recognition for achievements. They are quick to tell you what you are NOT doing but give little respect to someone who does their job. Another thing about management is that they have no experience and only care about sales. They have no regard for employee safety. Sales comes first in every instance. Our district manager even told us once that he did not put employee safety on his priority list. Sales come first. He did get in some trouble for this but it was a mere slap on the wrist. The things managers get away with is astonishing. Alcoholics, perverts, unprofessional idiots. This company breaks so many HR regulations and OH&S laws.

Head office is no better than the store level. They never answer their phone and are not helpful in any instance. It took me a month once to get a hold of someone in payroll because i was not being paid min. wage after it had increased. To this day I have never seen the money they owe me.

The only reason I stay at this company is for the discount and I like most of my fellow part-time employees because they are not dumb.

Publié le 20 septembre 2012 par Évaluateur #9 | Signaler comme inapproprié