SportChek

• Almost all managers are awful. They have no idea what they are doing and break the law quite frequently. No disciplinary action is ever taken. If you are working for 5 years, have earned 2 dollars in raises and minimum wage goes up 2 dollars, a new employee can make more money than you since your wage will not increase accordingly. Most employees receive minimum wage-minimum wage +$1. Coffee breaks are also discretionary and they have no agreement to protect employees. I worked here for almost 4 months and after about a month I started looking for a new job. The only thing that kept me there that long was the store discount.

Posted on 26 August 2012 by Rater #6 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

You are so right managers are horrible unless your willing to kiss their behinds. What is up with them always breaking labour laws?

Posted on 14 September 2012

The company treats people well, if you know how to work. The pay scale is average...but the opportunities the company gives its employees are phenomenal. I've been there 3 years and have seen a lot better that $1 per year for my raise. I guess you have to work well to get paid well. Don't forget discount and demo days....getting paid to ski...tough life!

Posted on 11 September 2012

All the low ratings are because the company is part of the Forzani Group of stores, and it was all bought up buy Canadian Tire Corporation. Your new owner sells motor oil, tires, tools, plumbing, and recreational equipment.

Posted on 27 August 2012