Shaw Communications

Size of company: Small (1 - 49 employees)

Industry: Telecommunications

• Shaw is corrupt all the way through. One employee gets knocked up by her boss and continues to fool around after having another baby with another coworker. Now the happy couple is threatening people for their jobs. Threats, lies, and sleeping around the office. The only qualities Shaw seems to approve of.

Posted on 26 September 2015 by Rater #300 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Haha.. this must be the Nanaimo office, I know it well. Used to be a pretty good place to work in spite of the lower than average pay but better than RMC. Shaw used to do a lot of headhunting at that place back in the day. Now it seems they are trying to adopt its business model.

It really started to go down hill in 2010 with the change in regional manager and technical operations managers. The regional manager instituted widespread changes that not just protected the unethical and questionable behaviour but allowed it to spread. Encouraged maybe?

He also had an issue with UBE's who were making more money than him (base salary was about $95,000 for an RM). I know of when he pulled 2 UBE's in for personal meetings shortly after he assumed command in Dec 2009 because they were able to make more than him.

Anyways, just to show where Shaw's reputation is going, I used to wear a pretty nice Shaw jacket wherever I went as a source of professional pride. That was 6 years ago. I've since been forced to ditch it in 2015 at the thrift store. I was getting accosted and receiving an increasing number of complaints and negative comments over time about their service and it was getting uncomfortable. One jacket I kept but had the g/f remove the Shaw logo. No problems since. :^)

Posted on 30 January 2017