Scotiabank

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• Mentally and emotionally abusive work environment with ongoing unresolved harassment. I have felt physically threatened at work by management, although I was never physically assaulted. Complaints to HR do nothing other than offer lip service. Both times that I had hour long scheduled appointments to speak with a specific HR employee (not sure why their contact centre does that, instead of just taking the call), that employee who books their own schedule wasn't in. I waited forty-five minutes to speak with an HR employee about my experiences so my hour long appointment was cut down to a ten minute 'conversation' of them asking me to repeat everything that they already knew. I had previously contacted them in writing and gave a full detailed description of what I have been experiencing. I was told to have it resolved within my department, which I previously attempted and which was unsuccessful. I went to HR as a last resource and as an independent body as my experiences hadn't been resolved. Following their instructions I went higher up within our chain of command and nothing was resolved. I learned that calls to HR are not confidential and that anyone else within the organization can listen to them. It has been recommended to me by a close friend who has a very senior position within an ofi to contact the ombudsman. I was searching for their information when I came across this website. It's sad but comforting to know that I'm not th only one who has been experiencing ongoing and unresolved workplace harassment.

Posted on 3 December 2018 by Rater #138 | Flag as inappropriate