Schlegel Villages

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Soins de santé, Assistance sociale

• I come from a fourth generation health care family, working in all aspects of healthcare. I have many family members who work in other long term care facilities(all across Ontario) and retirement communities so we are able to compare notes.
    Schlegel Villages (sadly) doesnt not come anywhere close to living up to what it promises. The potential exists for a fabulous, progressive, dynamic enviroment that could (and should) be a leader in elder care, but from my perspective it is terribly mismanaged.
    Employees are treated with little or no regard to their thoughts, insights or feelings.
    Internal communication is not just lacking.....it is broken!
    When I compare with other facilities and the types of care they provide, the little extra's they do (for residents, family AND staff) Schlegel Villages is quite an embarrasment since they call themselves 'leaders'.
    Lip service is paid to the core values and mission of the company, yet it is hard to find much of this put into actual practice. Measurable results are simply not there.
    FAR too many 'planners' at the top of the chain, and no effective middle management to put some of the great visions and plans into practice. And FAR too many employees who have become disillusioned with the companies promises with zero follow through. The employee gym that everyone was promised years ago has become the joke they snicker about and the example of how all promises are treated.
    The management philosophy: "Yes, leave that with us. We will look into that." When you hear those words you know you have been dismissed with the proverbial wave of the hand and silent "get out of my office and stop interupting me on my cell phone/computer/coffee break"

Publié le 22 novembre 2012 par Évaluateur #13 | Signaler comme inapproprié

Commentaires

And that's why there score as a employer is one and half start pretty sad !!!

Publié le 20 mars 2014

I am not sure what site you worked at. I worked at Aspen Lake in Windsor and can honestly say that it was best experience I've ever had at a workplace. Everyone worked as a team. Management was supportive and organized. However, my favorite were genuine smiles and happiness that I would experience from both staff and residents while at the building. Everyone did their best and residents were taken care of. Also, I think that Shlegel family does a lot more than they have to for their staff, they are personable and care about their communities. I take my proverbial hat off to them for daring to go in a direction that many choose not to in an attempt to give these residents quality of life that they would not otherwise have. Especially not in institutionalized facilities where we treat our elderly that have given us this awesome country worse than our prisoners.

Publié le 20 mars 2014

I Work for these people for 15 years must say it was the worst nursing home ever,if you see something happen your told to keep your mouth shut .only allowed to use one brief pre shift for resident resulting in alot of skin breakdown residents are left dirty for hours alot of med mistakes.staff are treated like shit. Treat residents like it a assembly line 5 mins tops to spend with Thema forced to work short All the time,all the care about is taking thé residents money and they dont get what they pay for.

Publié le 15 janvier 2014