Schlegel Villages

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Soins de santé, Assistance sociale

• This is without a doubt the WORST company I have ever worked for! I could have filled a sandwich baggie with meds I found in hallways and the dining room on a weekly basis. During my interview, I was told I would need to submit a criminal background check but nobody ever followed up. I came to find out that MOST employees have never submitted one! Theft from residents is a common occurance, some have had wedding rings stolen right off their finger! Verbal and emotional abuse of residents is tollerated and any whistle blowers are made to pay in other ways. The ONLY feedback ever given was negative and management was never seen unless a family member was in. Reporting problems or issues to management went nowhere, or worse the "complainer" was then targeted and harrassed. Most days staff worked short shifted with an already insane workload.Never enough gloves, pads, bed linens, towels. The personal care given to many residents was appalling. My own physician was disgusted with the place and expressed it to me when I told him I worked there! This company cared far more about presenting a great picture but it was all smoke and mirrors. I wouldnt put my parent in this place if someone paid me! The 6 months I spent there were 6 months too long!

Publié le 31 juillet 2012 par Évaluateur #10 | Signaler comme inapproprié

Commentaires

I also know of two employees who stole narcotics, and then they were simply transfered to a different Schlegel Village.

Publié le 22 novembre 2012

Not only do they not do police checks, they often fail to even screen potential employees properly! They hire people who have been fired from other facilities that have been dismissed due to abuse, theft and drug addiction. I need 2 hands to count the number of employees who have a substance abuse problem. They hired a woman who was awaiting trial for attempted murder of her child (highly publicized case, it should NOT have been missed in the interview process) and only recinded their offer when a staff member went to management with the information. They do NOT report cases of misconduct to the college of nurses which they are required to do by law! An RN was fired/asked to resign for abuse of a resident. It was not reported and this nurse continues to practice at another facility. Shameful.

Publié le 1 août 2012