Schlegel Villages

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• Its rare when you can work with an organization that really seeks to live out its beliefs. This organization is one such organization. I would recommend it highly to anyone who really wants to provide great care while putting living first.

Posted on 10 April 2012 by Rater #7 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I worked as a PSW and I am not sure what site you worked at. I worked at Aspen Lake in Windsor and can honestly say that it was best experience I've ever had at a workplace. Everyone worked as a team. Management was supportive and organized. However, my favorite were genuine smiles and happiness that I would experience from both staff and residents while at the building. Everyone did their best and residents were taken care of. Also, I think that Shlegel family does a lot more than they have to for their staff, they are personable and care about their communities. I take my proverbial hat off to them for daring to go in a direction that many choose not to in an attempt to give these residents quality of life that they would not otherwise have. Especially not in institutionalized facilities where we treat our elderly that have given us this awesome country worse than our prisoners.

Posted on 20 March 2014

The person who recommends this facility to "anyone who wants to provide GREAT CARE and put living first" OBVIOUSLY means this:

"If you want to work for an organization that will make you work to the bone (GREAT CARE) but would not pay a fair wage to make the workers live decently, then work here."

I don't know how any sane person would honestly believe that this facility puts living first. They exhort employees to give their ALL, provide food for their potluck activities for residents and their families, work PSWs to the fullest until their bodies ache (but no, they could not be seen resting!), and yet they would not do their part (provide additional help so that residents can have "flexible living") or even provide adequate supplies for personal care! It just amazes me that any member of management has the audacity to claim that this is a good place for both employees to work for and residents to live in. Don't they have any conscience?

Posted on 14 September 2012

Odd. most employees really DO seek to provide great care to the residents assigned to them. The problem is that management has the workload structured in such as way as to prevent that from happening. HOW does one provide great care when they are short shifted and need to take on 4 or 5 extra residents a day? This added to an already unmanagable workload. It is not only common, but expected that when I start a shift in the morning, my residents will be laying in a bed soaked with urine or feces. How exacactly does one provide "great" care when I am given aproximately 8 minutes to get them up, clean them, clothe them, change their bedding, provide oral care etc?
Living first???? I would challenge ANY member of management to spend a day or two as a resident. Pretend you have had a stroke and are unable to care for yourself. We will find a bed for you and "provide this great care and put living first" that you speak of. Let them be yanked out of a urine soaked bed at 6:30am, ignored all day, nothing to stimulate their mind of body, feed them cheap garbage and call it a meal, give them one lukewarm, 5 minute bath a week!! I would bet that not one member of management would submit to such conditions! I would bet my entire bank account......not that it would tempt anyone because they pay so little that by the time my neccesities of life are paid there is no money left in my banklaccount.

Posted on 10 September 2012

Hahahaaa....ok, what member of management write this?? Because I never encountered ONE single employee that didnt have a long list of serious concerns that nobody listened to or did anything about. Its very sad when employees leave and get a job at walmart and say gthey are happier.

Posted on 31 July 2012

This was written by the ADOC

Posted on 16 July 2012