SCC / Service Correctionnel du Canada

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• After having read the other comments on this site concerning this employer I have to agree completely! I worked for CSC for one year and had to leave due to the stressful work environment. When I began employment I was shocked to learn that 8 out of 11 of the members on my team had, at one point in their career with this employer, left for an extended period of stress leave. At the time that I had begun with CSC they were in an employment crisis and there was little to no recognition of the training and experience requirements vs. the workload for new employees. There was also a huge lack in continuity on the practice of proper procedures from one person to the next which included team members, supervisors and managers. There was also a great deal of animosity between the departments to the extent that not only would one department not help another but even breaks and Christmas parties where completely segregated. I felt like I was all alone in my job and expected to perform at a level of experience years beyond where I was at. I can honestly say that I wish I had never accepted a position with this employer. I sincerely hope that the management of CSC has the opportunity to read some of these comments and implement the necessary changes to filter this poisoned work environment; this department holds a huge responsibility for the safety of our community!

Posted on 10 September 2010 by Rater #3 | Flag as inappropriate