Sandman Hotel Group

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• First, I would not recommend hotels as a career choice for those that want a life, but Sandman has to be a hotel chain I would NOT recommend.

The ownership treats its customers like crap. So, don't expect better treatment than the poor customer. You will be expected to make up for the infrastructure deficiencies such as no service elevator or lack of a vacuum cleaner.

The worst policy is the blatant cover-up of pests (roaches, bed-bugs and mice) that can plague a hotel. Instead of having a proper pest control plan, they feel it is more "cost effective" to deny the problem exists or say it is " an on-going industry problem". I would recommend reading the health reports posted by municipalities where there is a Sandman.

Don't expect any career advancement. Only a few 'yes' men make it to that point or the non-customer service employees who don't have to deal with the complaints.

Posted on 25 August 2010 by Rater #5 | Flag as inappropriate