Samson Belair / Deloitte & Touche

Industry: Accounting, Auditing

• If you are a junior business grad hoping to get you CA, this might be an ok job for you. Note that you WILL be competing against the kids of their rich clients, so adjust your expectations accordingly. As a Senior employee entering the firm, with more knowledge and contacts with the local business elite (C-Level persons) I can say the engagement and compensation was...Meh. Having brought in significant sales and working on large billable projects, I can say the compensation was lacking to the extreme. However, as my current billables pass $500K this year, I guess I should say thanks, or GFYSD.

Posted on 23 June 2012 by Rater #59 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Ever thought about client poaching? Get yourself into small business services or tell others to do so and when you leave the clients follow you. Economic favouritism also applies to small firms if employees have money to buy the partnership share, but they cannot take way your relationship with the clients and that relationship you worked to keep so why not take it with you when you leave or get fired?

Posted on 11 November 2012