Rogers Communications

Industry: Telecommunications

• Work conditions on the retail front line are simply inhumane. The only way to effectively thrive in this environment is to develop a healthy dose of apathy and to fool yourself into thinking that somehow things are going to get better.
    The tools we have to work with (which are many) are constantly failing us on a daily basis. Nothing is more disheartening than trying to help out an already angry customer (which are many) and to have no ability to help them. Then we are told to "own the situation" all the while being hampered by the very tools we are given to do so.
    We are made helpless in front of our customer by not being able to hand out equipment (ie. Digital cable boxes, modems etc) because we constantly (and for extreme long periods of time) run out of stock. This is like Tim Hortons running out of coffee, how ridiculous is that!
    When we do have stock, pending orders are created for customers that can't be fulfilled because they are not actually as they were promised to our customer, or simply can't be completed for technical reasons. This of, of course, makes our poor customers even more agitated.
    Then we must ask our customer for a great customer service survey "and to remember that the survey is about me" and not about your prior Rogers experience. Now think about that...
    Know that if you don't get a 9 or 10 on the survey your job is on the line. No matter how many loyal years you've worked with the Rogers, and how much you may actually care about you customer,your job is on the line. How stressed do you think you would feel in an environment like that? You are set up to fail and then made to feel singularly responsible for it.
    Managers are told not accept excuses from their staff. They are told that "your team is only as good as what you are willing to accept". The truth is that Rogers, as a company, consistently fails their employees by not supporting them on the front line.
    Almost all of our poor customer service and employee dissatisfaction is a product of a toxic environment created from the lack of support from our failing POS systems mixed in with the lack of understanding (or willingness) from upper management to face the hard truth: if we are only as good as we are willing to accept, then should we should not accept the horrible conditions bestowed on us by the very people that have the nerve to say this to us?!?
    We are told to have high expectations from our full-time and part-time staff, most of whom are working diligently under stress that is purely manufactured by Rogers in the first place.
    The things I write here are such a small part if what is wrong with Rogersas an employer; only the tip of the ice burg. I could write a book chock full of anecdotes and unbelievably poor business practices.
    The bottom line is that unacceptable behaviour from Rogers is tantamount to irresponsibility and complete disregard to the well being of their staff and their customers. We should not accept this. Customers of Rogers need to speak out more. Employees need to speak out! No doubt, many will lose their jobs if they attempt to do so, but if what is being shared is the truth then maybe, just maybe, some good will come of it...

Posted on 27 January 2018 by Rater #542 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Thanks for your detailed review. Just when I think that a company cannot get any lower or sneakier in the way it treats employees, I see how they manage to get lower and sneakier still.

"and to remember that the survey is about me". This one stopped me dead in my tracks, because what is meant to sound like accountable customer service is really just blame shifting, humiliation, and psychological warfare against the employee. I like to think that there is hotter place in hell for companies who put their helpless employees through this kind of mental torture and dirty scapegoating.

To the original poster, you have my deepest sympathies.

Posted on 27 January 2018

To the original poster, you have my deepest sympathies.

Posted on 27 January 2018