RIM / Research In Motion Ltee.

Industry: Electrical, Electronic

• What a great place to work so far! I've been here not even 2 months as a technical writer on a co-op term and have been thrown into a very high profile project, working on my own deliverable! I did work very hard up until now, and have impressed my manager a great deal, but thats part of what it takes to succeed here. I can understand how some might feel that they are trying to breed workaholics here, but it's called work for a reason. I've already been offered a position for after my co-op term and I'm looking forward to continuing working at RIM for years to come. So far it has been very rewarding. For people interested in working here but are worried about all these nasty comments about CSO, don't worry its not like that everywhere.

Posted on 11 March 2009 by Rater #149 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Rim top management allowed its IT management to run away with murdering productive quality workforce for far too long festering legions of deadwood. Rim became the refugee safe haven for hundreds of rejects from local as well as offshore fugitives who are totally incompetent. Without competent IT management while loaded down with murderous maggots, Rim has long lost touch with its business and operational processes now deeply mired for self destruction.

Posted on 23 June 2012

I am a seasoned corporate professional who has worked globally across three continents in my career with esteemed companies and thoroughly enjoyed every position.

By comparsion, my experience in the year I spent with RIM was nothing short of horrific. It is an extremely toxic workplace in which I witnessed five of my colleagues choose to leave before the five month mark.

This is not a positive company to work for and I would certainly not recommend that anyone work here long term. I really cannot emphasize this enough. A truly hideous environment.

Posted on 2 June 2010

Yes, yes they do. But I think it does depend on what department you work in too. But given RIM's trouble with hiring people I guess they want to woo any work term students and the like

Posted on 15 March 2009

You should note that RIM treats co-op employees completely different then full time employees as well. They lure you in and then when you least it expect it... BAM!!!

Posted on 13 March 2009

Ah, young and starry eyed, if you spend any amount of time there you'll change that view pretty quick.

Unless you're a suck up, in which case you'll get head quicker.

Posted on 13 March 2009

Two months is kind of short to truly know what it's like, but glad you're enjoying the position in the meantime.

Yes CSO is terrible but there are a few scattered posts that speak of other areas in a positive light

Posted on 12 March 2009