RIM / Research In Motion Ltee.

Industry: Electrical, Electronic

• Buoyant and upbeat says The Spec piece and I agree. It's tought to be number 1 for ever. Think about Sony, they were #1 in electronics in the 1980s and early 1990s. It's no longer the case but they are still a profitable company. RIM has a niche market that won't go away tomorrow. I won't be surprised if the company started hiring again in a few months.

Posted on 14 August 2011 by Rater #381 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Very nasty place indeed.

Posted on 16 October 2011

Well another poster said over 50s and pregnant women were most at risk and I agree. Look at what other tech companies did. Competence is NOT one of the criteria they take into consideration. Age sure is.

Posted on 14 August 2011

What are you talking about? RIM is very profitable. Last quarter alone it earned close to $4B in revenue. Profitability is not the problem.. Let me repeat profitability is NOT the problem. The issue is that RIM is losing tremendous market shares to the competition and no one knows how to fix that and in an act of desperation your stupid CEOs laid off 2,000 hard working folks. That my friend is the problem. Let's hope that your head is not next to be axed.

Posted on 14 August 2011