Region of Durham

Industry: Construction, Maintenance

• Decades of unchecked nepotism in recruitment and hiring at the public works depots allows fathers, sons and brothers of the same families to keep outsiders away and line their own pockets at taxpayers expense. These lazy unskilled workers arrange unnessasary overtime, classification upgrades, and temporary promotions to inflate their paychecks, all the while making sure any efficiencies through competition or workforce diversity is unwelcome.

An outside audit of this workplace is sorely needed.

Posted on 14 January 2021 by Rater #2 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

The most weak and gutless union ever reps the outside workers. Might as well not have a union at all. Nepotism for hiring and promotion. One of the worst places to work.

Posted on 20 January 2021

All white males making sure it stays that way. No diversity. Nepotism.

Posted on 20 January 2021

I know a guy who got fired from there for stealing copper and then went on to be a boss for the city. lol

They all have side hustles.

Posted on 19 January 2021

I worked there as a student a decade ago and was shocked how no work really got done as crews just drove around town shopping and eating or even setting up pool jobs as some did as a side hustle.

Big time nepotism as my bosses boss was his own brother and their father worked there too.

They only hired family and friends.

Posted on 17 January 2021