RBC / Banque Royale du Canada

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• RBC is a very very discouraging employer to work for. I have personally taken the responsibility on my own time to take courses to advance my knowledge in financial advice, and they don't give a sh*t. They are so tight with their compensation-they don't believe in rewarding people for education and performance-only seniority. We also have a performance based bonus structure, a system that counts your sales and compensates you. HOWEVER, the system is rigged, and doesn't count all of your sales, only about 75% of them. This causes you to be on a lower bonus schedule. RBC is always looking for ways to save themselves a buck, and do not care at all about their employees. Their turn over on staff has been increasing dramatically. The only reason why older staff are staying is because of their "pension" they have set up. RBC is a good start out job, but if you are a hard worker, and want to pursue advancement, don't waste your time.

Posted on 14 November 2011 by Rater #97 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

RBC is a fist-pounding BUY! BUY! BUY! employer, as long as you admit you need to hider under the rock and the protection of affirmative action / diversity laws (Canada Employment Equity Act) for visible, sexual, gender, physical minority status, or under the protection of NEPOTISM (family, neighbor, friend), and enjoy corruption and micro-management.

On the other hand, if you have half a brain, and entrepreneurial skills, this is not for you.

Posted on 15 November 2011