Pharmaprix

• Ok for all you people (mostly kids) who have rated this company as 1 star, get over yourself and find an obvious job that you want to do minimal work for.
    I started at this company when I was 15, got paid min wage, until I worked my way up. You need to understand that you wont make any money just being a cashier/merchandiser. You make money if you actually want to put in the time to go any where in life. I became as assistant after 4 years of training all around the store. I am now a manager of the store and it's wonderful. I have never been happier. The pay is amazing, the benefits are great, the conferences all around the world expenses paid are fun and as for managing you kids with bad attitudes, you can all grow up. Over 10 years with the company (and I am younger than most managers) and I am not complaining. If you do your job well, you will be recognized.

If you work hard, you will be rewarded, if you slack off, then you wont, you will get your hours cut because we wont want you to be working if you slack! As for the people that get the bad managers, don't blame shoppers as a whole. Just because you have a crappy boss doesn't mean they are all like that. Work around it or find another job !!

As for infinity, it has helped me and my stores that I have managed immensely! Not only the image of the store, order control, and productivity with the staff. Don't think Shoppers cuts hours because they think "hey lets cut their hours because it will save us money" No, actually after the infinity, we don't need to use as many hours b/c we don't have any work left to give! WHy?? Because of productivity people!!!

My god, just get over yourselves, stop thinking that you are gods gift to life and realize that WE ALL HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAIN!! When you work you're way up, you'll be successful at anything you do! I know because I've been there, I'm one of the lucky people that stuck through the crappy shifts, late nights, gossip, all of that crap, but I realized that there is more to life than these young punks who think they own the world, working as a cashier or merchandiser, whatever

Anyways, i've babbled enough, at the end of the day, you're mature or you're not. You work hard or you don't, and you can handle the pressure of retail or you can't. Understand that retail isn't for everyone, expect to work night/weekends/holidays etc, that all comes with the package. You can make great money with this company, especially being a manager or head office. Because of infinity, I work around 40-45 hours a week if that!!

Yes I do agree that there are lots of politics within the company that sometimes can get crazy, but over all everyone, take it or leave it, it comes with any job!!

There you have it, my schpeal, I love Shoppers with all my heart because I grew up with Shoppers being apart of my life, I am one of the lucky ones I guess..

Posted on 1 February 2010 by Rater #393 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I really don't agree here. I was also hired when I was 15 and I have worked by butt off for the last 4 and a half years to get myself through school. I have worked and know every position in our store except for pharmacy and am getting paid the same amount as the girl who was hired 3 months ago. I mean, that's just ridiculous. And no, unless you are out of school and are able to move up to management (if there's even room there) your wage will stay as pissy as the day your started.

Posted on 4 May 2011

The original commentor is brain washed! I got a bridge I can sell you. SDM loves these under 30 go getters. They're full of company spirit, and spew it's glory! Then the company spits them out after burning them up. Have fun taking prozac!!

Posted on 10 November 2010

BAHAHAH U ARE A FOOL! I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND DO NOT NEED TO BE STRESSED OUT LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course YOU would be management you fit right in with the other retards! LOL

Posted on 15 April 2010

I was a Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacist for 12 years and the only reason I stayed as long as that was because I had a couple of really good bosses, but otherwise, they are not good employers. They disrespect their employees, always taking the side of the customer in case of a complaint (unless you're physically attacked, I'm bemused to report), even if the customer is a total nutjob.
They did not rehire me after I went on maternity leave. When I said I'd call Human Rights they said fine, but you'll never work for Shoppers again.

This reviewer must be from Central Office - I totally wouldn't put it past SDM to do that.

Posted on 24 February 2010

soo true

Posted on 11 February 2010

if you look at all the reviews on sdm its bad bad so i believe head office is on here to try and boost morale...just count how many bad reviews to the good reviews bad out numbers the good....

Posted on 11 February 2010

ok i have been with this company for 21 years i left about a month ago...this is not the same store i use to work for..it has changed soo much i feel for the people that are still there i hear you.as for that person who is saying that you have to work hard excuse me i worked hard for them for 21 years and loved them until everthing started to change.sorry dont buy it you must be at head office......

Posted on 11 February 2010

Ok I get you, thanks for the warning but I"ll take my chances.

Posted on 11 February 2010

SDM likes mindless idiots like you! Wake up! You are being used. I doubt you will be around in 5 years. Soooo many really smart, and talented people have quit this company! That fact alone speaks volumes of just how crappy SDM is!!

Posted on 11 February 2010

thanks!! :) You re obviously just bad at what you do! sorry!

Posted on 10 February 2010

Your a blind kid driving into a wall! Good luck with Happy Sunshine Golden Shoppers Drug Mart. LOL!!

Posted on 10 February 2010

Yeah well maybe eventually, but for now I'll say that I"m happy working for this company and there is nothing you can say or discourage me from thinking so..

Posted on 8 February 2010

Comment 3 said it all. Well done! A word of advice from a 54 yr.old kid. print this page and read it every 6 months You can only go so far up a ladder, eventually you have to come back down.

Posted on 8 February 2010

Unless you are an privileged Associate, working in the Pharmacy is a nightmare! Especially as a tech. I'm going somewhere else, where the workload is less, and the pay is more. Where there is an opportunity for advancement, and where they respect you. I feel sorry for the new guys they recruited from other countries, Egypt is the latest, for they really don't know better than to work for this horrible company!

Posted on 7 February 2010

From someone who is definitely NOT a kid: They hired you when you were 15? In this province that's actually illegal but anyway...The axe can fall at any time and with no warning. I've seen it. You can get replaced anytime by someone who they can get away with paying significantly less (although with SDM I'm not sure they can ever go too low). I'm happy you are content being lied to from above. I work in the pharmacy and I have worked at other chains as well...let's just say I have too much self-respect to spend the rest of my working life in this negative atmosphere....I'm running for my life before I'm a victim too.

Posted on 6 February 2010

Oh yes! It is all Sunshine and Lollipops at Shoppers Drug Mart! LMAO!! Wow! Just the kind of sugar coating mentality that will run this company into bankruptcy. Keep smiling, till your fired! Must be HR in here? Hey if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig!!

Posted on 5 February 2010

Ok, how are you supposed to "work your way up" when you are told there is no seniority, you can be there for 25 years and the guy hired tomorrow is considered your equal. There is no recognition in our store for experience, years of employment, anything. Everything has to be "fair"... except for the associates "friends", of course.

Posted on 4 February 2010

(...)!! You are delusional, just the kinda "Go Getter " this company wants to use up and spit out! I call BS on working only 40 - 45 hrs a week! Is your store 1000 sq. feet? LOL! Talk to us after you're burnt out! Your post is truly laughable! Sincerely - " a 49 year old kid ", who is a manager.

Posted on 3 February 2010

Ur an Idiot. there are so many fsm's and former fsm's who have posted the truth about shoppers but i guess you are too dumb to realize it or you are in fact a tool.

Posted on 3 February 2010

First of all, you're only 25 and you're calling everyone else kids ? Secondly, the fact that so many negative comments have been posted on this website indicates there are some problems within this company that need to be dealt with. It's definately not the dream job you're making it out to be. Every company has problems. The good companies address them, Shoppers ignores them. Thirdly, Project Infinity is simply a checklist for inexperienced managers to ensure they follow some simple guidelines. If Project Infinity helped you immensly to manage your stores, I would suggest you really didn't know how to manage properly in the first place. I've been managing stores for over 25 years and I'm still learning. Most of what Project Infinity consist of is not new. We've been doing these things for years. But seriously, if you needed yellow lines in your backroom to tell you where to put your merchandise or staff carrying around clickers to ensure they're providing customer service, you shouldn't be in management to begin with.
You also say if you work hard, you will be rewarded ? Really ? What's the reward? I have lots of staff that work hard and their reward is they get their hours cut, more work and their wages frozen. What did you get ?
As far as handling the stress, this is not rocket science or brain surgery. There shouldn't be this much stress in retail but because of all the different scorecards they use to judge our performance and the fear and intimidation tatics used by our DM's, it has become more stresful than it deserves to be. Once again, good companies understand the value of hard working, happy, stress-free staff and attempt to make their place of work somewhere they look forward coming to. Staff morale is very important to succesful companies. Without knowing any real numbers, I would assume that Shoppers has one of the highest turnover rates for any company in Canada. Just look at the Associate postings. They're dropping like flies and when they do get replaced, it's always by someone right out of school or someone from another country . That should tell you something !
Also, you say you're only working 40-45 hrs/wk. I find that hard to belive because most FSMs I know, are forced to work much more than that. Yes, as management, putting in some extra time should be expected by why isn't it expected from anyone else on the management team ? The FSM is the only salaried employee and is the only one that doesn't get rewarded (or paid) for working that extra time. How is that fair ?
As far as the conference being wonderful, I don't know how can you call sitting in meetings for 2 1/2 days wonderful ? You must be the guy sitting in front of me taking notes. Why waste all that money travelling outside of Canada to sit in a hotel room for 2 days ? You could do the same thing in Kitchener Ontario and keep all that money in Canada.
Sorry, I listened to your schpeal, so there's mine. Someone had to play devil's advocate and the next time you plan to put people down, keep in mind, there's 2 sides to very story and everone's entitled to their own opinions.
btw..... I too loved Shoppers Drug Mart , but the Shoppers Drug Mart I work for now is not the same company it was 10 years ago.

Posted on 2 February 2010

Someone trying to boost the morale. It is not going to work.

Posted on 2 February 2010