Paladin Security Group

Industry: Security

• They pick and choose who they want to do what to encourage advancement. For example, I was asked if I had obtained Police Foundations, as it was needed to become a full time guard in a health care facility, because I hadn't, I was placed out of the way to watch a door, and not able to participate in any calls or even learn how to respond to calls. Many of my co-workers (even those whom have started shortly before I had) were not required to do the same thing. In fact, one of my co-workers that have started not even a month ago, is being suite trained (trained on how to respond to calls), is studying engineering (nothing to do with security) and has absolutely no experience and I had to fight to be trained for a good month, before I was. Not until I mentioned that I was going to school, was I trained.
    Im going to go out on a limb here and assume it's because I'm a female.
    I'm also a little older than 99% of my co-workers and get bullied, and pushed out of the way at calls, or asked to relieve other guards so that they can go to the calls instead with absolutely nothing being done after speaking with managers and the CSM.
    Don't expect to learn anything or any opportunity for advancement if you're a female, unless you're prepared to fight to prove yourself.

Posted on 18 September 2021 by Rater #167 | Flag as inappropriate