Paladin Security Group

Industry: Security

• I've been working for Paladin for over a year and honestly its one of the better companies I've seen. I am a site supervisor with them and I or any of my guard have never had any problems. I even got few friends and my brother to work for this company who have nothing but positive things to say.

Posted on 14 December 2012 by Rater #74 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Oh yeah Paladin... I'm making 11$ an hour... living the dream

Posted on 15 December 2012

Paladin Security... they talk the talk... but they can't walk the walk!

To all job seekers.

Take the time to read the positive reviews - read the negative ones as well. Think it all over, form your own opinion, no need to rush. Then go to a regional office or a job fair to meet HR representatives and real Paladin guards, in the flesh. If you like what you see, and you probably will, then by all means, apply.

Sign your work contract, receive your uniform, training, your first schedule, your first assignments.

Living the dream.

Oh, you drank the Kool-aid... they'll make sure you drink the Kool-aid all right... you're ready to start working for Paladin Security Group ltd.

The first week, or perhaps the first day, they'll start scr@wing with you. They will scr@w with you. Trust me. You'll realize that what is written on the back of those business cards, on the documents you receive at the job fair, and the reality of what you experience on site, are two completely different things.

Oh, you thought you were going to have day shifts? Here's a revised schedule for you my friend ;)

Doctor's appointment? You need to warn the CSM and the scheduler days in advance, as per your Paladin manual. Oh, you haven't received it? Why don't you come pick up a copy at the office and make sure you read the company's policy on taking days off? Oh, what's that? Are you telling me you personally know guards who contacted the CSM hours prior to their shift to let him know they would not show up, because of a scheduled doctor's appointment? I'll have to look into it and make sure this doesn't happen again... NOT! :)

You were assigned at a site close to your apartment, great. You can actually walk to work now, awesome. Find out the next day it's not the case, and realize to your dismay how many hours you'll be spending in your car every week.

Oh, yeah, the pants we ordered for you three months ago are still not in. No, really.

I'm sorry, you're going to have to stay on site again for a few hours, even though you just finished a 12 hour shift, because we couldn't find a guard on time to cover that shift. Thanks for your cooperation, you're a real team-player. And then find out they got the call the previous day and decided to do something about it at 8:00am, when you were supposed to leave the site.

We're sorry if we paid you as a guard even though you worked as a site supervisor, this won't happen again. Well, we can't really guarantee it won't happen again but we'll do our best, promise.

Ad nauseam...

In the parking lot, at the psychiatric assessment unit, in the lobby doing access control, sitting on that chair doing patient watch... you're angry because no one came to relieve you for your breaks or for lunch... you had to deal with a red-dotted drug addict again on your own, no backup, since dispatch couldn't hear a word of what you were saying, you've been having some equipment issues on the site for a few months now, it's a dangerous situation but the office doesn't really care and refuses to invest in something so vital.

It's like they don't care... you're angry at yourself because today, again, a few guards didn't show up, and you picked up the phone... You're outside smoking a cigarette and the sound of the rain on your yellow Paladin jacket takes your mind off all the bullshit going on on the site today. And you're thinking: is this it? Yeah, a few extra dollars but in the end is it worth it? Why am I here on my day off? Your life as a Paladin guard is taking its toll on your health, your relationship with your wife, your morale. You're tired as hell and stuck in this dead-end job but you're trying to keep it all together...

Now you realize that those "negative" reviews on ratemyemployer.ca are much closer to the truth than the ones that were praising Paladin. But it's too late now... you drank the Kool-aid...

Welcome to Paladin Security Group ltd, the best canadian employer in the field.