NO FRILLS #3461 Bergen's

Industry: Food, Beverage, Tobacco

• I used to enjoy working here. Everyone was friendly, respected each other and enjoyed working together. Then the new manager took over 2 years ago, and changed the working dynamics of the store. People are now scared of lossing their job, of being wrote up over stupid stuff, of questioning the manager, because this then puts you on his hit list. This type of environment is very stressful and a number of people have had to take Stress Leave.
    If looking for a job, don't apply here. New staff only get 10 to 15 hours per week, if lucky; but must sign an availability form stating that they are available open to close, daily. This makes it difficult for new employees to hold down a 2nd part time job elsewhere, to make ends meet.
    We are also not allowed to participate in Red Shirt Friday, which shows support for our Armed Forces and their families. With our former manager, I personally was proud to wear a special TShirt showing the community and our local Armed Forces and their families of my support of their sacrifices for our country. His reasoning for not allowing the wearing of this TShirt was that he did not feel it was very professional looking. Now, what does that saw about him?

Posted on 31 August 2012 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate