• This used to be the coolest lighting/vintage store in Toronto. It’s a shadow of what it used to be. The couple that owns it is getting divorced and you can tell that lost their love for the business years ago. They don’t seem to even care about making sales. The store is very empty and in poor condition, there have been no repairs made to almost anything, it was embarrassing to work there. They are both there giving you different orders, very confusing. They have zero trust in staff and frequently speak poorly to staff and about them. If you stand still for even a moment to catch your breath they will freak out at you. Their children work there too and they frequently speak to staff as if they are their kids. They went through my bag before I could leave to see if I had been stealing. There was so much tension all the time, I could feel the stress and anger of their divorce, it was uncomfortable to be there. They were rude, mean, and just awful people to be around. I discovered from another staff member that they had an extremely high turnover of staff. Most of the staff was brand new and they said nasty things about staff that had recently quit. When I resigned they freaked out at me and refused to pay me what I was owed for two weeks. I strongly recommend you do not put yourself through that hell. It is not a sales job. It is a general labour job. Horrible people.

Posted on 30 June 2019 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate