Microsoft

Industry: IT: Software

• I worked for MS for over a decade and had a love/hate. Loved the pace, the challenges and the colleagues. The review process as mentioned pits employees against each other and is a barrier to collaboration. A lot of omitting of names in team projects or taking others ideas and work and claiming as their own. MS does not do well once you are pregnant (expect you in to meetings while on mat leave, "suggestions" that you leave your position, poor treatment on return). i have known several women that have filed suits and there are always harassment issues, the women lose and the men stay on. Generally, it is too bad that such a smart group of people work against each other. I've seen managers fire people by having them escorted out of the building (because they "didn't make their numbers"), only to have the same thing happen to them when a new vp comes in. If you consider yourself a person with morals, prepare to compromise them if you work for MS.

Posted on 15 October 2012 by Rater #177 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I know exactly what you talking about.

Posted on 30 October 2012