Michaels Arts and Crafts

Industry: Arts, Entertainment, Recreation

• So apparently there's a minimum number of hours you need to work per week, even if you're part time, but of course they never told us that. I'm a full time student, and filled out my availability sheet and it got rejected with no explanation. When I worked the next day, I had to find the store manager to ask, and she barely wanted to talk to me. I gathered from the conversation that the schedule was rejected because it wasn't enough hours. They don't care about student's schedules, they try to make you work anyway. "Best" memory: getting called in my french class asking if I could work at 5 (it was 4:30). I'm not sure why they want 2 weeks notice for any time we want off because it doesn't seem like the schedule is made more than 3 days in advance. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you have a lot of spare time. Work schedules is unpredictable so I feel like I can't make any plans, or have any kind of social life.

Posted on 30 September 2012 by Rater #20 | Flag as inappropriate