Michaels Arts and Crafts

Industry: Arts, Entertainment, Recreation

• I was a store manager with Michaels, in Alberta, and am expected to work 80 hour weeks, have no family time whatsoever, and get paid very little to do so.

I highly recommend NOT working for this company. They promise lots to new employers, and deliver very little. There are far better companies out there who understands that there needs to be a work/life balance.

Posted on 6 July 2011 by Rater #3 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

if your a store manager at michaels and you work 80hrs/wk then you are doing a very poor job managing. Other then the last 6 weeks before xmas no effective manager should need to work more then 45hrs.this comes from personnel experience.

Posted on 16 May 2012

I sent off an application to one of the Victoria Michael stores. I am glad the company is listed in ratemyemployer.ca. These ratings give me some intelligence info to consider before accepting job offers if it does happen. Not knowing the truth behind the propaganda is dangerous and not to smart or tactical.

Posted on 14 September 2011

The expectations are definetly high arent they !

Posted on 16 July 2011