McDonald's

Industry: Accommodation, Food Services

• I worked as an opener for almost a year, alongside an elder and a man with health problems. Managers had me doing some pretty physically demanding things on a constant basis. I did the stockup (dealing with boxes over 50 pounds, piling heavy things onto a rickety cart, via a rickety ladder). I did the majority of the cleaning (sweeping, mopping, organizing, cleaning surfaces) as the others could not. One person can only do so much, McDonald's is supposed to be designed in such a way that each employee has a clear task, and is able to step in and do any task. Since few staff cleaned (the night staff skipped a lot of tasks), there was a cockroach problem; this was repeatedly mentioned to management, who kept telling us plans to send exterminators "as soon as possible" but months went by... I only left after a cockroach fell on my head. That was pretty much the last straw...

Posted on 15 May 2018 by Rater #63 | Flag as inappropriate