London Drugs

• I am not only a long-time shopper of London Drugs, but I am also a part-time worker at one of this company's Calgary locations. Very recently, we learned that our new store will be closing in another two months.

This chain knows that every new store takes time to become profitable, so they give it the time it needs, and the rest of the chain carries it for a while. But due to many factors (e.g., excessive commercial over-development of other chain stores, not a huge enough residential population to support all these businesses in this area, COVID), and even though our store is finally starting to grow this past year, it still isn't profitable enough to keep open. They had to make a tough decision.

I have to say this is such a good company because, when they told us they were closing our store, they also assured every one of us jobs at other London Drugs locations nearby. This is a company that genuinely cares about its people just as much as its bottom line. If you have a London Drugs in your area, please support it by shopping there. You will be supporting an absolutely fantastic Canadian company that carries everything from computers and electronics to clothing, food, household items, toiletries, and all your pharmaceutical needs.

Posted on 27 March 2021 by Rater #76 | Flag as inappropriate