Loblaws

• Constant and never-ending turnover of employees. Harassment between employees, and from managers to employees, is astounding. Nothing is really done about it.
    The company goes through multiple phases where they cut as many people, hours and departments as possible. Even in a pandemic, they still do this. Certain departments need more people and hours than others, and management will complain if one person can't do the same job a group of people would usually be doing - even though management are the ones who cut all the hours!
    Management will do anything it takes to force you out if they don't like you. This means anything! No options are off the table.
    The union, that we pay dues to, really doesn't deliver on it's hype. They sometimes sort of help but most of the time they do absolutely nothing. Management doesn't like you using the union - even though you have to join the union if you want to work for Loblaws.
    I heard many managers say over the years, "if you don't like it, quit".
    I'll do you one better. Don't bother applying to Loblaws. It's not worth it. The stress and problems that so many go through, only to see other people be favored by management and have things handed to them, isn't worth it.
    The work culture of the company is very cultish and it promotes bullying, even though the company has a nice public image that portrays a friendly work environment. It's not true. It's disappointing that Loblaws does not follow laws and their own workplace campaigns when it comes to work place harassment. I wouldn't recommend this employer to anyone, it's not worth it having to go through all this stress and tension for such little reward. Stay away. Problem solved.

Posted on 25 February 2021 by Rater #552 | Flag as inappropriate