Linamar

Industry: Motor Vehicules (sales, parts, services)

• Hi,
    First of all, I just want to say that my review is for Lpp (there are more than 30 plants in Guelph). I worked there for almost 1 year.

In my opinion, you should avoid working at Lpp with any cost..

Management is from a particular country, they favor as much as they can other people from the same country, at all levels (starting from floor, up to the office jobs). Training and promotions are 50-50: for example, if 2 people are sent for training, 1 is from "them", 1 other nationality... Maintenance is full of friends of their relatives .. "Engineers", same pattern...

There is no respect for people working on the floor, management is asking only for production, no matter what. They have a hard time hiring new people because of their reputation, so recently they promoted an operator as line setup, didn't offer any training, forced him from beginning to do a lot of things. Result? One night, while working on one machine, the guy had an accident and lost 8 of his fingers. Ministry of Labour was involved, area closed, etc. Management response? Worker's fault, he didn't isolated the machine while working, failing to mention that they didn't do anything to train the guy on what are the steps which he should follow. He was new at the job, wasn't he supposed to have some sort of accomodation period?

And many other things, just ask someone who worked or works there.

I totally encourage you to avoid working at Lpp unless you are desperate and really need a job.

Posted on 1 April 2016 by Rater #40 | Flag as inappropriate