Linamar

Industry: Motor Vehicules (sales, parts, services)

• Where to begin.. After reading a lot of the reviews listed on here, I'd just would have to say that I'm pretty much going to say a lot of what most of the people already have said. It's a pretty bad place to work. Management is a joke! No body cares about your personal life or well being. They'll have you working 6 to 7 days pretty much all the time. Rotating shifts (days, afternoons and nights on most lines). Really uncompetitive wages/benefits. Dirty, unorganized and overall an unsafe working environment. Lazy/uncaring Human Resource people. Supervisors lie and force people to work, work, and work nonstop and take advantage because people (most of the unfortunate immigrants) don't know their rights or are too afraid to say anything. Old school manufacturing mentality. No real progression or chance of moving up in the company unless you're a smoker who enjoys to gossip and talk sh!t about people with managers and supervisors outside on breaks. It could also depend on how much you respect yourself and if you want to degrade yourself into blowing some of the managers and supervisors to move up. No chance to move up based on your actual skill sets, experience, etc.
    In conclusion, don't work for this company. Look somewhere else. Trust all the reviews, you'll be better off somewhere else. If you do end up somehow working at this sh!thole, don't stick around too long. It doesn't take too long to realize this place is bad. I'm glad I learned from my mistake and moved on.

Posted on 24 February 2014 by Rater #27 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I have to agree... I've also seen scrap parts get pushed though no matter what.

Posted on 23 July 2014

NO QUALITY at LINAMAR !!Its all about numbers and how much you can force out the door. Good or bad parts they don't care. Workers take bad parts off the line and contain them, supervisors and quality come along and put the bad parts back into production so they meet their shipment! Its nothing more than a sweat shop. They don't care about your health or life outside that spot you stand in 12 hours a day. Don't work here, the reviews are true.

Posted on 2 April 2014

Union Union. Unforchantly I'm stuck there but all of you out there read and listen to this person. To you government of Ontario you don't give a sh!t about your poorer population.

Posted on 1 March 2014

No care for quality, just numbers, numbers and numbers!

Posted on 24 February 2014