LCBO / Liquor Control Board of Ontario

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• A backward organization of overpaid, lazy individuals in both labour and management. Privatization is the only way to effectively reform this drain on taxpayer resources.

Posted on 10 December 2008 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

shows what you know.....not a penny comes from the government to the LCBO it is totally the other way around. Salaries and operation expenses come from the gross profits of product sales. Not a penny of your tax money. Yet after those expenses the LCBO still hands over 1.5 billion to the people of Ontario. Infact the LCBO is a tax collector, not taker.

In the GTA I have seen a number of different ethnic backgrounds and heard some very diverse thick accents. May not be that way in the smaller communities.

When I stand in long check out lines at other retailers, with 16 checkouts and only 2 open....I think, people would be up in harms if this was the LCBO

Posted on 7 December 2012

You're right about the stores, but the head office is completely "colorful".

Posted on 20 October 2011

I have never seen an employee from a different ethnic background at any LCBO locations that I have shopped in. Would be nice if they diversify the staffing!

Posted on 21 July 2010

Are you kidding?? you haven't worked in retail companies have you? Loblaws, Sears, Zellers, Shoppers, Valuevillage: they're all a joke. employees lazy, couldn't care less. Management a joke.

Posted on 25 April 2010